What can we make for you?
Cumberland Custom Sewing. Starting from your ideas, finished product to reverse engineer, or from your patterns, we create new products with patterns ready for production and sales.
We bring our decade plus of experience in home textiles, commercial textiles and apparel design with companies such as Amazon’s private apparel lines, Hawaiian Airlines in-cabin textiles, Home Depot aprons, and numerous private label clients.
Our focus on custom design and finishes will make your private label line, special event, dance recital, or promotional product truly unique and memorable.
Philosophy on US-based manufacturing
After many years of sourcing overseas for private label clients, the owners of Cumberland Custom Sewing invested in the 80+ year old cut and sew factory in Tennessee to provide clients the opportunity to source domestically for their projects.
We love working with small businesses and startups, and particularly enjoy supporting dance studios, brides with wedding planning, but can support both small businesses and start-up fashion lines as well, with particularly deep experience with leggings, undergarments, and casual loungewear.
With cut and sew garment production, you are creating the design, from fabric choice to stitch to final decorations. We love helping our clients produce unique custom textiles for their brand.
How you can work with us
We can start with you at a various stages of development:
- If you want to order one of our off the shelf styles, you can do so in our store.
- If you already have a pattern, we can develop a sales ready sample from the fabric and notions you provide
- If you don’t have a pattern yet, we charge $55/hr to create patterns and a technical specification pack
- If you don’t have fabric sourced yet, we charge $55/hr to work with you to source fabric from anywhere in the world
- If you need photography for your site or a product catalog, we handle booking models, photographers for in studio and lifestyle, and final editing.
- If you need custom packaging and shipping , we handle that for $25/hr or negotiate per piece rates
- We love working with small businesses and start-ups and have small MOQs