Rachel and Leoho’onani come to Cumberland Custom Sewing with an impressive and extensive background in product development and compliance while working for the American multinational technology company, Amazon.com, Inc. in development and management roles for Amazon’s own branded product lines, as well as for Hawaiian Airlines.
Cumberland Custom Sewing is a relatively small cut and sew shop with great attention to detail and quality.
To compete with overseas manufacturing, we help you source fabric and findings domestically as well to keep your costs down by offering affordable minimum order quantities.
We also care deeply about the quality of the products that we make, and are committed to provided high quality products that meet your expectations, every time.
We are looking to partner with businesses that value our long-term partnership and grow together.
We charge production by the piece, based on our overhead and wages. We work hard to be competitive in a crowded global marketplace. We know you have a lot of options to design your project and will work hard with every production run to keep earning your business.
We can produce at very low minimums, but of course, that does mean that the price per unit is necessarily higher.
Our customers can start either with a standard product from our store, with the built in customizations that are available for them, or with a completely new product.
Custom products generally follow this process:
- Receive images
- Receive target per unit costs and minimum quantities you’re considering
- If you have samples, we’ll want to review them to determine machine requirements, and how much time it would take to replicate production and complete our own sample for your review for $70/style.
- If you have a design idea but no patterns or samples yet, we’ll work to develop those with you for $55/hour. We will need any digital images, sketches, fabrics, or design concepts you have to proceed.
- Once we’ve agreed on the MOQs and prices per unit, we sign a contract and delivery date. We take on time delivery seriously.
- When production is complete, we can handle your packaging and shipping, as well as drop shipping. We can also store your finished goods onsite. We charge for storage, inventory management, and a per shipment fee.
Ready to get started?
If you are buying something we have in stock already, please feel free to explore our store and buy it on our website.
If you’re looking for something we already make to be customized, you’ll hear back from us within 2-3 business days about the timeline to move forward with your order.
If you’re looking to have an entirely new product developed, we’ll provide you a checklist and next steps after receiving your application information.